ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture Graduate Research Scholarships
Per annum for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates, Australian Citizen, International Student, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
The ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture (ARC MedAg Hub) is a multidisciplinary collaboration conducting pre-clinical research in medicinal agriculture. We work to apply knowledge and leading-edge innovation by transforming high quality, plant-derived therapeutics production into an integrated industry spanning primary producers and manufacturers. The Hub includes several research partners: La Trobe University, The University of Melbourne, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute, funding agency the Australian Research Council and leading industry partners Cann Group Limited, Hexima, Photon Systems Instruments, SensaData, UTT BioPharma, Bio Platforms Australia and Palo Alto Research Center Inc.
The ARC MedAg Hub is offering several PhD Research Scholarships for outstanding candidates to undertake research aimed at improving the profitability and sustainability of medicinal agriculture for primary producers and adding value for pharmaceutical manufacturers and end-users.
The closing date for applications is 30 September for international applicants and 31 October for Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
If you have an interest and experience in subjects related to medicinal agriculture or plant biology, such as the following listed below, please contact us via the ARC MedAg Hub firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss project opportunities.
- High-throughput imaging and phenomics
- Genome regulation
- Integrative ‘omic analysis
- Secondary/specialized metabolism
Benefits of the scholarship
- a stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years, with a value of $28,597 per annum (2021 rate)
- a tuition fee scholarship for up to four (4) years. Successful domestic applicants will be awarded an RTP Fees Offset scholarship and successful international applicants will be awarded a La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS) unless another tuition support scholarship exists
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance or RTP Allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
- have an interest in subjects related to medicinal agriculture or plant biology
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
Please contact email@example.com to express your interest and to discuss project opportunities. You will be provided with details on how to apply once you have secured in principle agreement for your application.
Due to the nature of the research involved, confidentiality and security criteria will need to be agreed to before offers can be secured. Only one scholarship will be awarded per candidate. Potential candidates may be required to be interviewed as part of the application process.
Who to contact for further information
The ARC MedAg Hub, firstname.lastname@example.org