Policies and guidelines for graduate research
- All researchers, including graduate researchers at La Trobe University are bound by the provisions in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- La Trobe policies, procedures and guidelines for graduate researchers and their supervisors are listed below.
- For updates and FAQs about policies that have changed or are changing see the policy renewal project page.
All policies and procedures are currently hosted in the Policy Library (please see links below to guidelines stored on the Graduate Research School website).
Documents available in the policy library
Admission and support
Examination and thesis requirements
This suite of examination policies and procedures was approved by Academic Board at its meeting on 9 September 2015. From 4 January 2016 the new examinations policies and procedures applies to all candidates.
- Graduate Research Examinations Policy and Procedures
- Guidelines for examinable components of practice-based degrees by research
- Schedule for Presentation of Theses for Higher Degrees by Research
We are in the process of transitioning to a new progress framework. For further details, please see our new candidature and progress policies information page.
- Graduate Research Progress Policy (New)
- Graduate Research Show Cause Procedure (New)
- Requirements for Progress Milestones (New)
- Academic Integrity Statute
- Research Integrity Policy
- Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct Procedures
- Schedule of Responses and Penalties for Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct (Can be found at Section 4, Part I, Item 39 of the Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct Procedures)