Policies and guidelines for graduate research
- All researchers, including graduate researchers at La Trobe University are bound by the provisions in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- La Trobe policies, procedures and guidelines for graduate researchers and their supervisors are listed below.
All policies and procedures are currently hosted in the Policy Library (please see links below to guidelines stored on the Graduate Research School website).
Documents available in the policy library
Admission and support
- Graduate Research Admission Policy
- Graduate Research Support Policy
- Graduate Research - Schedule C - Masters by Research Thesis Grading Schema
- Graduate Research Admissions - Schedule A - Masters by Research Thesis Grading Schema
- Graduate Research Admissions - Schedule B - Masters by Research Equivalence for a Minor Thesis Grade
- Graduate Research and RTP Scholarships - Schedule C - Masters by Research Equivalence for a Minor Thesis Grade
Examination and thesis requirements
This suite of examination policies and procedures was approved by Academic Board at its meeting on 9 September 2015. From 4 January 2016 the new examinations policies and procedures applies to all candidates.
- Graduate Research Examinations Policy
- Graduate Research Examinations Procedure - Nomination and Appointment of Examiners
- Graduate Research Examinations Procedure - Thesis Requirements, Submission and Retention
- Schedule for Presentation of Theses for Graduate Research Degrees
- Graduate Research Progress Policy
- Graduate Research - Schedule of University-wide Progress Milestones
- Academic Integrity Statute
- Research Integrity Policy
- Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct Procedures
- Schedule of Responses and Penalties for Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct (Can be found at Section 4, Part I, Item 39 of the Higher Degree Student Research Misconduct Procedures)