Bioinformatics services can be obtained through the platform at an hourly rate. Researchers associated with La Trobe University can obtain a heavily subsidised rate, which makes this capability accessible to most researchers. We can provide expert advice in experimental design, data analysis, visualisation and publication.
The main areas where we can help you with Bioinformatics analysis are:
- General Bioinformatics Advice: Software usage, Basic QC, Read-mapping, variant calling, R (Statistics) etc.
- Differential Expression: RNA-Seq/transcriptomics, Microarray
- Analysis: Go term/pathway, Gene set testing, ChIP-Seq, Variant Calling, etc.
- Data Processing: Scripting, Parallel Computing etc
- Software tool and pipeline development:
- Bio-Computing: CLC Genomics, High-Performance Computing (LIMS-HPC)
- Software Install: Software packages on LIMS-HPC
- Grants: work estimates for grant applications
Email Genomics Platform: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make use of our bioinformaticians, please complete the a Check-list below. Our team will contact you to arrange a quote and a date when it can be performed.
If you wish to have a consultation it can be arranged after completing the check-list.
La Trobe staff and students have access to free basic bioinformatics and more specialised bioinformatics at a heavily subsidised rate. See the Bioinformatics Pricing document for more details.
Software / Hardware Resources
LIMS-HPC is a High Performance Computer specialised for genomics research. It has over 340 software packages available to researchers most from genomics and related fields.
La Trobe HPC (Intersect)
La Trobe has a university-wide HPC which can be used for Genomics research.
La Trobe University owns 4 floating licenses for Geneious.
CLC Genomics Workbench / Server
La Trobe University owns 13 floating licenses for CLC Genomics Workbench. We also have a CLC Genomics server which can process job beyond the capability of your computer. The server has 32 cores and 512GB of memory.
Galaxy (workflow tool)
La Trobe University has a local Galaxy instance that researchers can use using their La Trobe Staff or Student login. It contains many Genomics and Proteomics tools. The server has 32 cores and 512GB of memory.
Login to La Trobe Galaxy (LTU login required).