Mission of Digital Research
The mission of the Digital Research Strategy at La Trobe University is to provide a world-class digital research environment to enable and accelerate new research outcomes through the engagement of researchers with advanced and emerging information and computing technologies and appropriate support services.
To enhance research capability
La Trobe's key objectives for strengthening research to 2017 include improving research quality and impact, developing strategically important research partnerships, building cross-disciplinary collaborations and increasing research income.
Digital Research is at the interface between research and advanced information and computing technology. It is an enabling function that allows powerful technologies to be applied across all stages of the research life cycle, from data collection, to analysis, processing, visualisation, and data publishing.
La Trobe's Digital Research Strategy is guided by the needs of researchers and its objective is to provide researchers with the tools and support they require to execute and accelerate their research programs and achieve research outcomes.
The four main goals of the Digital Research Strategy are to:
- Enable researchers to actively engage with information and computing technologies
- Develop Digital Research expertise among researchers within the University
- Proactively enhance institutional research capabilities
- Maximise the use and enable proper management and curation of research data
The Digital Research plan outlines the strategies required to achieve these goals in a way that:
- Leverages collaboration across the University and with external partners
- Raises the visibility of the Digital Research platform and services available to all researchers
- Allocates accountability for the work across existing partners in the University
- Builds sustainability by embedding work within existing teams
- Provides solutions and services with broad applicability
If La Trobe is to achieve its strategic goal in becoming a research leader and a leader in the support it provides for its researchers, it is essential that it has world class capacity in Digital Research. The Digital Research Strategy will enable this to be achieved.
Access the Digital Research Strategy [PDF 209 KB] (Staff only)