Equity and access
Our key values include inclusiveness, diversity, equity and social justice. Access to higher education is a vital consideration in our learning and teaching approach. We develop research and policies to improve the access and achievement of under-represented students.
We have a number of programs and resources available to students:
- Scholarships for domestic coursework students experiencing financial disadvantage, caring responsibilities and other access considerations
- The Indigenous Student Services team offer the Indigenous Academic Enrichment Program, financial support, academic advice and advocacy and scholarships
- Support programs and pathways for students from a refugee background
- Support for students studying with a disability, medical or mental health condition
- Financial, accommodation, academic and personal support for care leavers
- Support for students who are current Australian Defence Force personnel, reservists, veterans, and their family members
- Student financial support including emergency aid, student loans and grants
We have a vibrant LGBTIQA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, non-binary, intersex, queer, questioning and asexual) community, and we actively celebrate and support our queer students and staff.
We are committed to teaching, learning and research in Indigenous Australian studies.
We care about building a connected community to help people thrive.
We have specialised support services and resources for our diverse body of students.
At La Trobe, we want you to feel safe, valued and supported.