Sport Diplomacy MOOC
The Sport Diplomacy MOOC is the foundation of the sports diplomacy education and training framework, which will allow Australian sport administrators, coaches, athletes and officials to complete free, online sports diplomacy education (in addition to international partners, such as those in the Pacific).
The purpose of the MOOC is to enhance the capability of sport stakeholders to represent and advance Australia’s reputation and impact in the Indo-Pacific and other regions.
Each module will be pitched at an introductory level to:
- athletes, coaches, team managers, high performance managers, officials (i.e., referees, umpires), sport leaders/administrators, sport event managers, NGO workers, volunteers, sport scientists and educators to enhance sport diplomacy knowledge and skills;
- diplomats to enhance knowledge of Australian sporting culture, values and effective programs.
The course consists of four learning modules:
- Module 1: Australian Sport Diplomacy and Policy
- Module 2: Australian Sport Values and Benefits
- Module 3: Cultural Competence and Sport
- Module 4: Diplomatic Tradecraft for Sport Stakeholders