Sport Diplomacy MOOC
How to be an effective ambassador through sport
The Sport Diplomacy: How to be an effective ambassador through sport course is the foundation of the sports diplomacy education and training framework. This course will allow Australian sport administrators, coaches, athletes, officials, diplomats and international partners to undertake online sports diplomacy education.
The purpose of the course is to enhance the capability of Australian sport stakeholders to represent and advance Australia’s interests in the Indo-Pacific and other regions.
Each module will be pitched at an introductory level to:
a) Sport people to enhance sport diplomacy knowledge and skills. This includes:
- athletes and coaches
- professional and national team managers
- high performance managers
- officials (i.e., referees, umpires)
- sport leaders and administrators
- sport event managers
- NGO workers
- sport scientists and educators
b) Diplomats to enhance knowledge of Australian sporting culture, values and effective programs.
The course consists of four learning modules:
- Module 1: Australian Sport Diplomacy and Policy
- Module 2: Australian Sport Culture and Values
- Module 3: Cultural Competence and Sport
- Module 4: Diplomatic Tradecraft for Sport Stakeholders