Advanced Health Assessment
Perform and interpret advanced nursing assessments on patients and clients.
Perform an advanced person-centred health assessment, accurately interpret health assessment and diagnostic assessment findings; source, critique, synthesise and incorporate evidence to rationalise and justify interpretations.
|Date/s||28 February – 27 May 2022|
|Registrations close||Early bird||11.55 pm Sunday 30 January 2022|
|Standard||11.55 pm Sunday 13 February 2022|
|Prerequisite/s||Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) as a Registered Nurse. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||50 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fees||Early bird||$2,200.00 GST exempt|
|Standard||$2,400.00 GST exempt|
The online Advanced Health Assessment course focuses on the cognitive and technical skills required to accurately perform and interpret advanced nursing assessments on patients and clients. You will have the opportunity to develop knowledge and technical skills that demonstrate an ability to perform advanced and targeted objective and subjective nursing assessment techniques, and to accurately interpret health assessment findings and related diagnostic procedures.
The course is equivalent to 15 credit points at postgraduate level (AQF levels 8/9). Completion of the courses in this format will enable you to apply for advanced standing into postgraduate studies in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at La Trobe University.
- Haematological function and assessment
- Immune function and assessment
- Multidisciplinary assessment of genitourinary function
- Mechanisms of urinary and faecal incontinence
- Assessment of genitourinary function
- Assessment of renal function
- Assessment of fluid and electrolyte balance
- Advanced urinary continence assessment
- Assessment of gastrointestinal function
- Advanced assessment of bowel function
- Assessment of endocrine function
- Assessment of neurological function
- Mental health assessment
- Assessment of cardiovascular function
- Assessment of respiratory function
- Assessment of musculoskeletal function
- Assessment of integumentary function
- Advanced pain assessment
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
There are two assessment tasks:
- Online quiz
- Written/oral health assessment
View the Advanced Health Assessment FAQs or contact La Trobe Executive and Professional Education:
T: 1300 135 045
This program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers. A refund will be provided if the program is cancelled.