Cultural events are a complement to our more established educational programs and have greater outreach potential. While some events may be conducted on the University's main or regional campuses, others may be located within the local community.
Rather than offering a single mode of experience, our cultural events may take many forms. For example:
- Celebrating traditional Chinese festivals, such as Lunar New Year, the Dragon Boat Festival, or the Mid-Autumn Festival (also known as Mooncake Festival),
- Presenting a multi-faceted Chinese cultural experience incorporating, for example, food stalls, street performances and games,
- Holding cultural seminars, inviting distinguished scholars, artists, or public figures to present their latest research findings, artistic expression or cultural experiences with a broad audience,
- Holding cultural demonstrations in the field of Chinese art and marital arts, such as Chinese Calligraphy and Shadowboxing,
- Holding exhibitions, for example, showcasing Chinese cultural artefacts or Chinese books representing local culture.
Below are details of the in-house activities we offer and specialised workshops or performances that can be arranged through our external partners. Kindly note that support is available for some events throughout the year, however, there is a limited number of events we can support per year.
- Chinese opera mask painting
- Chinese zodiac animal stamps and panda sticker activity
- Cherry blossom tree ink blowing
- Lantern making
- Panda with bamboo painting
- Chinese shuttlecock (jianzi)
- Fan painting
Specialised activities and performances provided by external partners
- Chinese calligraphy
- Zither (guzheng) performance
- Chinese cooking (dumplings and mooncakes)
- Chinese folk dance
If you have a question about one of our cultural activities or if you're interested in organising something with us, please email email@example.com.