We offer a variety of Chinese cultural experiences through organised events. Combining education with recreation, these events engage an audience with Chinese culture in a more direct fashion and provide an experiential learning experience.
Cultural events are a complement to our more traditional educational programs and have greater outreach potential. While some events may be conducted on the University's main or regional campuses, others will be located within the local community. Rather than offering a single mode of experience, our cultural events may take many forms. For example:
- Celebrating traditional festivals of China, such as the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Dragon Boat Festival, or Mid-Autumn Day,
- Presenting a multi-faceted Chinese cultural experience incorporating, for example, food stalls, street performances and games,
- Holding cultural seminars, inviting distinguished scholars, artists, or public persons to present their latest research findings, artistic expression or cultural experiences with a broad audience,
- Holding cultural demonstrations, presenting Chinese exotic arts and cultures, such as Chinese Calligraphy, Martial Arts and Shadowboxing,
- Holding exhibitions, for example, showcasing Chinese cultural artefacts or Chinese books representing local culture.
If you have a question about one of our cultural activities or if you're interested in organising something with us, please contact Pingrong DONG, +61 3 9479 6506, firstname.lastname@example.org