Terms and conditions
Employers and advertisers advertising on CareerHub must accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
CareerHub (‘the Site’) is an online database made available by La Trobe University ABN 64 804 735 113 (‘La Trobe’). The Site is available to registered employers (‘You’) to advertise paid job vacancies to students and recent graduates of La Trobe University. By registering the Site and/or by uploading a job advertisement with the Site, you accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- You warrant and agree you have legal capacity and power to agree to be bound by these terms and perform obligations under them.
- For your advertisement to be considered for the Site, you must create a Career Hub account and complete the form.
- You must complete all required fields. This includes providing an hourly, annual figure or relevant Award for the advertisement. Failure to do so may delay your advertisement from going live on the Site or be rejected from appearing on the Site.
- You must ensure that all advertisements on the Site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct, including but not limited to the:
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) including but not limited to obligation not to mislead persons seeking employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or, any other matter relating to the employment opportunity being offered
- Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles; and
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth)
- all anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory in which you conduct business; and
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and all employment related legislation and regulation applicable in the State or Territory in which you conduct business.
- You must not use the Site to post any:
- commission only jobs
- work involving unpaid or reduced pay training / trial periods
- "business opportunities"
- franchise ownership opportunities
- “register for possible opportunities”
- pyramid schemes
- positions where students must purchase a product or service
- participation in research, if the research project has not received the approval of University Standing Committee on Ethics in Research on Humans.
- You must not ask or require any candidate to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever in connection with the hiring process for any job advertised on the Site (including to apply) whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the candidate in the job advertisement itself or in any communication with the candidate that takes place as a result of a job advertisement placed on the Site.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you remain wholly responsible for all content in advertisements provided by you.
Use of Candidate Data
- Any “personal information” (within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) of any candidate that you obtain through your use of the Site or any features of the Site or products offered on the Site (including job applications received from candidates) must only be used by you in relation to your genuine employment and/or recruitment activities and in accordance with privacy laws and other relevant legislation (such as those laws regulating health information).
- You must not sell or offer services or products (such as learning or educational courses or tools) to candidates whose personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) is considered by La Trobe to be a misuse of candidate data and is prohibited.
- You must under not any circumstances provide any candidate personal information you have obtained through your use of the Site (including job applications received from candidates) to any other party, including to any affiliate or related party of yours (unless La Trobe has otherwise consented to this). This restriction on forwarding personal information applies irrespective of whether you receive direct financial benefit for doing so.
- La Trobe takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant legislation (such as those laws regulating health information) very seriously and is resolute in its determination to prevent the misuse of candidate data. If La Trobe believes that you have misused candidate data for any reason, La Trobe reserves the right to immediately delete the advertisement and prevent you from using the Site.
La Trobe’s Obligations
- All submitted advertisements are subject to approval by La Trobe University Employability Programs staff before being advertised on the Site.
- La Trobe will endeavour to process advertisements Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4.30pm.
- La Trobe University reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse, or withdraw, any advertisement from our site for any reason without explanation including, but not limited to, the following:
- non-compliance with these terms and conditions has occurred
- misleading or incorrect information has been provided
- a complaint about the employer or advertiser has been received
- non-compliance with the law is reasonably suspected
- the vacancy is considered to be inappropriate.
Liability and Disclaimer
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe accepts no liability whatsoever to you in respect of any loss or damage (including but not limited to consequential and/or indirect loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services provided by La Trobe University Employability Programs whether in contract, tort, under statute or whether due to the negligence, deliberate conduct, act or omission of La Trobe or its staff.
- You must indemnify La Trobe University and its staff against all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses incurred on any account by La Trobe as a result of the vacancy.
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors in your advertisement and you must check your advertisement for errors as soon as it is placed on the Site.
- La Trobe cannot and does not guarantee or warrant to the you that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site, or features and products available through the Site, will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- La Trobe acts as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities. La Trobe does not vet, nor is it responsible for vetting, candidates or the representations made by them whether oral or in writing - including those representations appearing in candidate’s resumes.
- Although the Site is for La Trobe University students and graduates only, La Trobe University cannot guarantee that others will not view and apply for advertised vacancies. La Trobe University accepts no responsibility for screening applicants and gives no assurance as to the suitability or skills of any student, graduate or other person who applies for any advertised position.
- No administrative fee will be incurred for advertising on the Site.
- No advertisement will be on the Site for longer than four (4) weeks.
- La Trobe University does not recommend or endorse any organisations featured on the Site.
- La Trobe University does not act as an agent for an employer or advertiser.
- La Trobe reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion (acting reasonably), reject, edit or remove any advertisement from the Site for any reason.
- La Trobe reserves the right to terminate this agreement if you post any advertisement or utilise any feature of the Site in any way which is in breach of any of these Terms.
- Termination of our agreement with you as a result of you breaching any one or more of these Terms, will not end provisions of these Terms that are capable of surviving termination.
- These terms and conditions may change at any time without notice.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria. Advertisers irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria and waive any objection to legal action being brought in those Courts on the grounds of venue or inconvenient forum.