Comprehensive health assessment workshops
About the workshops
The workshops involve three days of interactive, hands-on skills development, aided by simulation mannequins.
The Comprehensive Health Assessment of the Older Person workshop provides nurses who work with older people with content and skills development in the areas of:
- Clinical reasoning and general assessment skills
- Communication of assessment—professional considerations
- Psychosocial assessment
- Nutrition, metabolism and elimination
- Cardiovascular system assessment
- Respiratory assessment
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Cognition and perception assessment
The workshops are designed for nurses working in:
- residential aged care (public, private, not-for-profit)
- acute, sub-acute hospitals (public, private, not-for-profit)
- the community
- GP practices.
Our facilitators are nurse educators who have excellent clinical experience in a range of health care settings. They are also experienced in teaching comprehensive health assessment to nurses across the health sector. One of our facilitators will come fully equipped to your facility or aged care service to deliver these workshops. All participants receive a comprehensive resource manual which includes the eight health assessment modules, links to other resources and a copy of all the presentation slides.
This workshop is equivalent to eighteen (18) hours of continuing professional education.
Please note: workshops are restricted to 20 participants to optimise the learning.
To find out more about the health assessment visit the Department of Health, Aged Care in Victoria.
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions prior to registering.
To express interest in hosting a workshop at your facility contact: Sandra Cowen
T: +61 3 9479 6008