La Trobe’s Researcher Intensives are tailored to the university’s Early Career Researcher (ECR) and Mid Career Researcher (MCR) cohorts.
The ECR and MCR intensives consist of 2 full-day modules twice a year. One set takes place mid-year (June/July) and the other at the end of the year (November/December). The intensives are ideal for those who are aiming for their next academic levels of research capacity and achievement.
Each half-day of the intensives focus on a different aspect of researcher capacity-building, strategy, and leadership. The priority for the program is to provide education, development, and career-building opportunities that are sustainable, productive, and reflective of La Trobe University’s values. Gaining development in these areas will enable researchers to add significantly to the research culture of their surrounding institutional contexts.
The intensives are convened and managed by the RED team, and involve the participation of La Trobe’s senior research executive, specialist university units, invited guest speakers, and ECRs and MCRs themselves.
Through participating, La Trobe researchers will benefit from intellectual, professional, and applied outcomes that extend well beyond the program itself.
How do I participate?
The Researcher Intensives require the completion of an application form, and a follow-up attendance form, should your application be successful. Please note that securing a place is a competitive process as numbers for the intensives are capped.
For open application rounds and program overviews, see below!
- The intensives are open to all La Trobe University academic staff.
- For the purposes for the intensives, Early Career Researchers are ideally La Trobe academic staff who are within 5 years of the award of their doctorates.
- For the purposes for the intensives, Mid Career Researchers are ideally La Trobe academic staff who are between 5-15 years from the award of their doctorates.
Upcoming intensives – NOVEMBER 2016
The upcoming researcher development intensives in November have a “Networks and collaborations” theme. Dates for the intensives are confirmed:
- ECR intensive: Mon 14 Nov – Tues 15 Nov - APPLY NOW ECR program overview
- MCR intensive: Wed 16 Nov – Thurs 17 Nov - APPLY NOW MCR program overview
To receive updates on the intensives and other activities relevant to your cohort, email email@example.com and nominate whether you would like to be added to the ECR or MCR mailing lists.