Secondary school students
As part of the of the University response to COVID-19, the Sanctuary will be closed to the public.
Work Experience Program
Nangak Tamboree Wildlife Sanctuary offers engaging Work Experience placements for students currently in Year 9 and Year 10.
Our Work Experience Program is designed to foster new skills in young people, create an awareness and appreciation of the conservation and biodiversity management industry and demonstrate the breadth of career opportunities in environmental science, research and education.
Please note, the Nangak Tamboree Wildlife Sanctuary does not offer direct involvement with animals.
Successful applicants may assist in the following areas of the Sanctuary:
- Land management & revegetation
- Wildlife monitoring surveys
- Plant production & seed sorting
- Education experiences
- Marketing, promotion & interpretation
- Office & administration
- Workshops & tours
Work Experience placements run for one week from Monday to Friday on pre-selected dates throughout the year. Normal working hours are from 9.30am until 4.00pm. As part of your placement, you will be required to undertake some structured learning activities.
Find out more about work experience with our Frequently Asked Questions
Placement dates 2020
The Nangak Tamboree Wildlife Sanctuary can accommodate up to four student placements in a given week. We are only able to accommodate two students from any given school at the one time.
These dates are subject to change based on other Sanctuary activities happening at the time.
- 2-6 March
- 23-27 March
- 4-8 May (Full)
- 1-5 June
- 3-7 August
- 7-11 September
- 12-16 October
*Please make sure that you have considered the travel time and distance to and from your home to Bundoora BEFORE you apply for a placement
How to Apply
- Download the pre-filled Work Experience Arrangement and Travel and Accommodation Forms.
- Complete these and have your parents/guardians sign them.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Complete the online Work Experience Application form.
- Make sure you have your School Career Advisor or relevant teacher email address to include.
- Upload your Work Experience Arrangement and Travel and Accommodation Forms.
- Inform your school teacher that you have applied to complete Work Experience at Nangak Tamboree Wildlife Sanctuary.
- If your application is successful, we will contact you with details of the next steps.