If you are travelling to or from the Airport the most simple and easiest way is:
- Take the SkyBus from the arrivals terminal to Southern Cross Station *
- Take the South Morang line change at Reservoir for Bus 301 (during semester only) or Bus 561
- Take Tram 86 (Bundoora RMIT) from Bourke St (outside Southern Cross Station) to Stop 60, La Trobe University
Although, there is a cheaper way ($2.60 - Zone 2 concession) involving more transfers:
- Walk to the bus stop near Terminal 4 (Tiger Airways). This is about a 10 minute walk from Terminal 2 (International)
- Take Bus 901 (Frankston) to Broadmeadows Station (20 min)
- Take Bus 902 (Chelsea) to Plenty Rd (30 min)
- Take Tram 86 (Waterfront City) to stop 60, La Trobe University (7 min)
A Taxi will cost approximately $60 (AUD).
* Skybus is a commercial service that operates at 10-20 minute intervals and takes approximately 20 minutes to reach the Melbourne CBD (Southern Cross Railway Station). It operates 24 hours per day. A single journey costs $19. For more information, visit the Skybus website.