Myki Commuter Club
La Trobe University Melbourne campus staff are able to purchase yearly Myki cards at a 10% discount.
Continuing and fixed-term staff are able to purchase a Commuter Club pass through the fortnightly payroll deduction (after tax).
Note: the Commuter Club is not available to staff employed through external agencies and staff at regional campuses.
Myki Commuter Club Costs
Subject to Victorian Government changes.
Public transport fares are changing from 1 July 2023. Please refer to the table below for the new myki 365-day pass prices:
myki 365 day pass
2023 full fare
2023 discounted fare
Zone 1 + 15 (previously 1 + 2)
ZONE 1+15 PASS REPLACES ZONE 1+2 PASS
From 3 July 2023, the new zone 1+15 product will be available for purchase. This product will replace the zone 1+2 product at no extra cost. This will allow participants to travel throughout Victoria using their myki Commuter Club pass.
Compare the price of a Commuter Club ticket to a normal ticket by using the PTV Myki Money/Pass fare calculator.
Please ensure all that all applications are submitted by the 14th of each month to be processed in that month. Any applications submitted after the 14th will be processed in the following month, due to the internal finance and PTV Commuter Club processes.
Commuter Club payments are deducted fortnightly from your salary and are only available to continuing and fixed term staff.
Please allow up to three weeks (from the end of the month) for your new card to be delivered or load pass added to your current MYKI Commuter Club card.
Public Transport Victoria Myki information
Please complete the online form which is located on the ASK.HR online service
- Click on ASK HR and select “Submit a form”
- Select "Employee"
- Then select “MYKI (Commuter Club)".
- Fill out the online application form (including the number of payments you wish pay of the card 1 – 26)
- Hit “Submit”.
- A notification will be sent to Sustainability for approval then your application will be processed by payroll.
- Please allow up to three weeks (from the end of the month) for your new card to be delivered to your home address or your renewal to be added to an existing Commuter Club card.
The expiry date is always shown on the reader when you touch on or off.
Your new pass will be loaded onto your existing Commuter Club card. The new pass will only activate once the old pass has expired. You will not receive a new physical card.
The Environmental Sustainability Unit will notify Myki cardholders with a PTV email receipt once the new pass has been loaded.
The Myki Commuter Club 365-day Pass fare is based on the daily fare for 325 days giving the member 40 days free travel. Members can cancel the Myki commuter Club pass only if they’ve used their pass for less than 293 days.
The refund is on a pro-rata basis.
If you would like to apply for a refund on your Myki Commuter Club Pass, please complete the following steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise the reason for your Myki Commuter Club pass cancellation and cancellation date. They will inform you the details for the refund to be paid to La Trobe University directly.
- Request on Ask-Finance to suspend your fortnightly deductions.
- Call PTV on 1800 800 007 and ask for the refund to be paid to La Trobe University.
- PTV will then email members to confirm the refund request. Members should send a copy of the email with the Myki Commuter Club Pass to:
Reply Paid 4318
Melbourne VIC 8060
Refund can take up to 28 days for PTV to process.