Cycling is the most efficient mode of transport known to humankind. In fact, it's three times more efficient than walking. Using pedal-power to commute is a fantastic form of incidental exercise. You can get fit without really trying!
Benefits of cycling
- Less expensive and more practical than a car for most trips shorter than five kilometres.
- Has virtually no impact on other travellers and the environment.
- Improves health, fitness and well-being.
- Reduces noise and air pollution related to traffic congestion.
- The Darebin TravelSmart Map 2022 shows on-road bike lanes, off-road riding trails and safe bike-riding routes, as well as walking paths, public toilets and public transport information, including tram and train maps.
You can pick up a folded, pocket sized map from the library.
- Learn how to get around Darebin with information on local bike paths and bike riding resources.