At La Trobe University we work with students, staff and the community to make sustainability central to everything we do. We will develop responsible leaders, professionals and citizens by:
- Recognising that sustainability encompasses economic, social and environmental dimensions.
- Integrating sustainability across all operations, curriculum and research.
- Embedding sustainability in the culture and practices of the University through the broadest engagement with staff, students, employers and partners in the community and in government.
- Becoming known as the leading sustainable university in Australia and a leader internationally.
- A visual representation of our quantified environmental sustainability targets can be seen in our Environmental Sustainability on Campus brochure.
What you can do
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, then test your knowledge by taking a Sustainability Quiz.
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, you can show your commitment to reducing your footprint on campus by taking the La Trobe University Sustainability Pledge.
Experience La Trobe University's new Sustainability Walk and learn about some great sustainability initiatives on Campus.
Green Impact is a fun and flexible change and engagement program for staff to undertake practical actions to make our University more sustainable.
Green Impact was launched last year at La Trobe where 15 teams formed and competed for the much coverted awards trophies. If you are a staff member at the Melbourne Campus you can form or join a Green Impact team and work towards Bronze, Silver or Gold program accreditation. This is a fun, flexible staff engagement program that enables you to not just talk about sustainable change, but to create it.