At La Trobe University we work with students, staff and the community to make sustainability central to everything we do. We will develop responsible leaders, professionals and citizens by:
- Recognising that sustainability encompasses economic, social and environmental dimensions.
- Integrating sustainability across all operations, curriculum and research.
- Embedding sustainability in the culture and practices of the University through the broadest engagement with staff, students, employers and partners in the community and in government.
- Becoming known as the leading sustainable university in Australia and a leader internationally.
- A visual representation of our quantified environmental sustainability targets can be seen in our Environmental Sustainability on Campus brochure.
La Trobe University is currently developing a new Sustainability Plan that will guide future sustainability initiatives, support sustainable development and lead positive change.
Learn more about our 2015-2017 Sustainability Plan.
What you can do
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, then test your knowledge by taking a Sustainability Quiz.
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, you can show your commitment to reducing your footprint on campus by taking the La Trobe University Sustainability Pledge.
Experience La Trobe University's new Sustainability Walk and learn about some great sustainability initiatives on Campus.
Plastic Free July
Plastic Free July is a global initiative to encourage no consumption of single-use plastic items. Start by cutting out the 'big four' single-use plastic items: bags, cups, straws and containers.
Take the challenge at https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/