La Trobe University Industry PhD Scholarship - Able Health Pty Ltd: Development and evaluation of footwear to optimise balance and mobility in older people
Footwear plays a key role in protecting the foot from trauma and enabling safe and pain-free mobility in older people. However, many older people wear sub*optimal footwear that may lead to foot problems and an increased risk of falling. Working with our industry partner (Able Health), this project will involve the evaluation, development and commercialisation of footwear designed to optimise mobility in older people. The project will incorporate surveys, focus groups and biomechanical lab testing of participants.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $33,500 per annum, to support your living costs (2023 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- open to Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and International applicants
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at the La Trobe University Bundoora campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – Professor Hylton Menz is the designated supervisor for this project;
In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry PhD Scholarship - Able Health Pty Ltd: Development and evaluation of footwear to optimise balance and mobility in older people.
A research proposal is not required.
The successful applicant will be required to have a police check or WWCC prior to commencing the position.
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and Able Health Pty Ltd.
The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
You will be advised of an outcome in Nov/Dec 2022.
Who to contact for further information
Professor Hylton Menz, firstname.lastname@example.org