La Trobe University Excellence Scholarship - South Asia & Africa
The scholarship offers a 50% reduction on annual tuition fees for international students, who will be studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs for the entire duration of their course.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kenya, Nepal, Bangladesh or Mauritius
- Be applying for one of the La Trobe International Scholarship (LTIS) list of eligible courses.
- Be 18 years old or older at the commencement of the course; or must live with a student guardian approved by the Department of Home Affairs until they turn 18 years of age.
- Have an overall WAM* achievement of 80% or above.
- Commence their studies at any of the La Trobe University Victorian Campuses in 2023.
- Meet the University's English language requirements and all other conditions stated on the Offer Letter.
* A WAM is an average mark that takes into account the credit point value of the subjects that you have completed. It is based on the actual mark of all subjects completed in your course at any given time.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
Academic performance, extra-curricular activities, and any other outstanding achievements.
- Maintain a full-time enrolment at one of the La Trobe University campuses in Australia and satisfactory academic progress during their studies.
- The scholarship award recipients must be willing to be an international student ambassador for La Trobe International during their study period.
- Please also refer to the terms and conditions included in the Offer Letter.
How to apply
- Applicants must submit a complete application for the course commencing in Semester 2 (July) or Summer 1 / Term 6 (November) intake of 2023 at La Trobe University - Victorian campuses.
- Applicants must also provide the following documents before the application closing date:
- A detailed resume
- A personal statement of no more than 300 words or a 3-4 minute video to detail "Why you should be awarded with the La Trobe University Excellence Scholarship".
Applicants who have already applied for Semester 2 or Summer 1/Term 6 of 2023 will be considered for the scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria. They must send their resume and personal statement by the specified date.
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe South Asia Office, SouthAsiaAfrica@latrobe.edu.au