Ian Dunlop Memorial Scholarship
Ian Dunlop was an alumnus of the La Trobe School of Education. The Dunlop family have established this scholarship in memory of Ian and the positive impact that studying at La Trobe had on his life. The scholarship will provide financial assistance to students in the field of education who may otherwise not be able to study at University. The scholarship is valued at $5000 per annum for the duration of the course.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be intending to enrol as a full-time student in an undergraduate Bachelor degree course in the School of Education in Semester 2 2018 or
- have a current full-time enrolment in an undergraduate Bachelor degree course in the School of Education in 2018
- be able to demonstrate financial need and/or
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to:
- low SES
- refugee background
- regional, rural or remote background
- non-English speaking background
- disability/ongoing medical condition
- first in family to attend university
- other personal hardship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form which addresses the eligibility criteria
- personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions and demonstrates financial need and/or educational disadvantage
- evidence of financial need or disadvantage
- preference will be given to mature age applicants and those whose course qualifies them to teach.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form and return to the Scholarships Office by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com