Baker Department of Cardiovascular Research, Translation and Implementation
The Baker Department of Cardiovascular Research, Translation and Implementation at La Trobe University is focussed on world class cardiovascular disease, diabetes and public health research. We are translating our research discoveries into practice, policy and education. Our goal is to:
- better understand who is at risk of cardiovascular and cardiometabolic disease,
- identify the molecular pathways underpinning that risk, and
- use this information to develop strategies for prevention and treatment
We are now receiving expressions of interest for PhD research in our key research areas. See our website for additional details on the Baker Department.
To express your interest and discuss research project opportunities please contact email@example.com.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years, with a value of $33,500 per annum (2023 rate)
- a tuition fee scholarship for up to four (4) years. Successful domestic applicants will be awarded an RTP Fees Offset scholarship and successful international applicants will be awarded a La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS) unless another tuition support scholarship exists
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to discuss project opportunities before the closing date. You will be provided with details on how to apply once you have secured in principle agreement for your application. Once you have received in principle agreement, please follow the 'Applying for a PhD' instructions - select the 'Graduate Research - Specialist Research Scholarship' option when selecting a scholarship and use the scholarship code SRS- 23005.
Please submit your expression of interest by 31 October 2023.
Who to contact for further information
Baker Department, email@example.com