How to apply - Bachelor's degrees
Studying a Bachelor's degree provides you with the relevant knowledge and experience to enter specific industries or fields of work.
Who is this information for?
Keep reading if you’re a domestic student applying for a Bachelor's degree at any of these campuses:
- Melbourne (Bundoora)
Applying for a Bachelor's degree
Current year 12 students
I'm a current year 12 student applying for courses that commence in Semester 1 next year
You need to apply via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) or Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for select courses. Your application is then assessed based on your Year 12 results when they’re released.
Non-year 12 applicants
You're considered a non-year 12 applicant if you have:
- completed year 12 within the past
- undertaken vocational education and training (VET) study
- undertaken higher education study
- work and life experience
If you’re applying for only one undergraduate course at La Trobe, you can apply direct to La Trobe.
I'm a non-year 12 applicant applying for multiple courses or to multiple institutions
If you’re applying for multiple courses or applying for an undergraduate course at more than one institution, you must apply via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Applying direct to La Trobe
If you haven’t already applied through VTAC or UAC, you can apply direct to La Trobe for selected Bachelor's degrees.
Please note: you must apply through VTAC or UAC if you're a Year 12 student or applying for an undergraduate course at more than one institution (with the exception of Diplomas or graduate entry Bachelor’s degrees). You can’t withdraw a VTAC or UAC application in order to submit a direct application.
Graduate entry law and nursing courses
If you're a non-year 12 applicant applying for graduate entry courses, you must apply direct.
Capped allied health and nursing courses
You must apply for the courses listed below via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) or Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
We do not accept direct applications for these courses.
- Bachelor of Nursing (Pre-Registration)
- Bachelor of Nursing /Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing /Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Orthoptics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Paramedic Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours)
- Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours)
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
Not what you're looking for?
I want to study a Diploma
If you want to study a Diploma, you can apply direct online.
I want to study through a La Trobe partner
Many La Trobe courses are delivered by our partners, which include:
- AFL SportsReady
- Bendigo TAFE and Kangan Institute
- Box Hill Institute
- Carlton College of Sport
- Chisholm Institute
- Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- Institute of Health and Nursing Australia (IHNA)
- La Trobe College Australia
- Melbourne Polytechnic (formerly NMIT)
- TAFE NSW (formerly Riverina TAFE)
- Southern Cross Education Institute (SCEI)
- Sports Education and Development Australia (SEDA)
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
Our partner courses are delivered at the following locations:
- Bendigo Kangan
- Dandenong 311
- Mildura (Partner)
- Moonee Ponds
- Shepparton (Partner)
- Swan Hill
I'm an international applicant
Find out how to apply for an undergraduate degree as an international applicant.