Apply direct - Postgraduate
This application can take around 15 minutes to complete.
Frequently asked questions
Who can use apply direct?
You can apply direct if you are:
- a domestic non-school leaver applying for:
- Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Master's by coursework degrees;
- graduate entry Bachelor's degrees in law and nursing;
- Honours years;
- transfers between La Trobe courses;
- living overseas and applying for online study.
How do I start my application?
You need to register and create a La Trobe Applicant ID to apply.
Do I need to submit documentation to complete an application?
Yes. You will be prompted to provide supporting documentation. If you don't have your documents available you can provide them to us at a later date.
What documentation is needed to complete my application?
Applications for some courses require supporting documentation. This will be specified when you complete your application.
Documents can be uploaded in PDF or JPEG format. The maximum single upload is 5MB .
- Academic documents
- Please provide clear and legible copies of any official transcripts and/or completion certificates requested from you. Results from the web are not official transcripts. Colour scans are recommended.
- Supplementary form:
- If the course/s you are applying for requires you to complete a supplementary application form please upload under this category along with all specific documentation that has not being provided under other categories.
- For example; a personal resume, curriculum vitae or record of relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- English test results:
- For example; IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic test results.
- Special Entry Access Scheme (SEA) documentation
- SEAS categories 3 and 4 require statements of support that can be uploaded. Be sure your supporting documentation addresses the requirements of each category.
- Other documents:
- For example; written references, change of name evidence, working with children checks, police checks, professional registrations and non-academic awards.
Are there payments required for my application?
There is no fee to apply direct to La Trobe University.
What are the application key dates
Application open and close dates are specific to each course and intake. Contact us for assistance.