Apply direct - Postgraduate
This application can take around 15 minutes to complete.
Frequently asked questions
Who can use this application site?
- Australian citizens
- Australian permanent residents
- New Zealand citizens
- Overseas students residing overseas (This category applies only for overseas students intending to study outside Australia. Australian student visas will not be granted for online courses)
- Applicants interested in undergraduate courses should apply here.
- International applicants interested in studying on campus at La Trobe should apply here.
- Domestic applicants interested in postgraduate research degrees should follow these instructions.
- Current La Trobe University students wishing to apply for a course transfer should follow the instructions here.
How do I start my application?
You need to register and create a La Trobe Applicant ID to apply.
Do I need to submit documentation to complete this application system?
Yes. You will be prompted to provide supporting documentation. If you don't have your documents available you can provide them to us at a later date.
What documentation is needed to complete this application system?
Documents can be scanned as PDF or JPEG files, photographs are not accepted. The maximum single upload is 5mb..
- Personal statement:
- Your personal statement is used by many courses to obtain additional information for assistance in selection. Courses requiring you to complete the statement will list this in 'Selection Criteria'.
- This may include a general statement, work experience, community experience, support of work and/or community experience, academic performance, other languages or any course specific information.
- Academic documents
- Please provide clear and legible copies of any official transcripts and/or completion certificates requested from you. Results from the web are not official transcripts. Colour scans are recommended.
- Supplementary form:
- If the course/s you are applying for requires you to complete a supplementary application form please upload under this category along with all specific documentation that has not being provided under other categories.
- For example; a personal resume, curriculum vitae or record of relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- English test results:
- For example; IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic test results.
- Other documents:
- For example; written references, change of name evidence, working with children checks, police checks, professional registrations and non-academic awards.
Are there payments required for my application?
There is no fee to apply direct to La Trobe University.
What are the application key dates
Application open and close dates are specific to each course and intake. Contact us for assistance.