Blogs - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for usage of blogs on the La Trobe website.
Comments will remain anonymous, unless you choose to supply your name and email address when submitting a comment. Blogs may be moderated and comments may be withheld or removed at the discretion of the Site Administrator.
Conditions of Use
Contributors are bound by any applicable laws such as equal opportunity and privacy laws. In addition, your use of this blog is governed by the University’s Statutes, Regulations and policies with respect to the use of the University’s network which include but is not limited to the University’s Sexual Harassment, Harassment and Discrimination Policy and Procedures, and Use of Computer Facilities Regulations.
Contributors also agree to the following conditions (“the Conditions”):
- The opinions, positions and strategies expressed on this blog are those of the respective contributors and do not represent the view of La Trobe University.
- You grant the University the non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, adapt and communicate your comments.
- You agree not to post any material:
- which infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- that contains personal information of third parties such as name, phone numbers, mail or email addresses;
- that is offensive, abusive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, indecent or which is sexual or pornographic in nature;
- that discriminates against any person on the basis of age, breastfeeding, gender identity, impairment, industrial activity, lawful sexual activity, marital, parental or carer status, physical features, political belief or activity, pregnancy, race, religious belief or activity, sex, sexual orientation and personal association with a person who is identified by any reference to any of these attributes;
- that sexually harasses another person;
- that contains profanity or spiteful remarks;
- that contains false, misleading or deceptive information or misinformation or rumour.
Failure to comply with the above conditions may result in suspension of an access account, or loss of account, disciplinary action and, if necessary, a report to the relevant law enforcement authority.
For further information please contact the ICT Service Desk.