Sport Facilities at La Trobe
We’re proud to offer a wide variety of sport facilities to La Trobe students, staff and the broader community. Our new state-of-the-art La Trobe Sports Stadium is the latest addition to the Sports Park precinct, unlocking a range of opportunities in teaching, research and getting active in sport. Whether you want to be at the forefront of the latest sport and exercise science research or are just looking to get moving in sport or active recreation, we’ve got you covered.
Check out our virtual tour below to learn more about our sport facilities on our Bundoora Campus:
La Trobe Sports Park
The first of its kind in Australia, the La Trobe Sports Park offers a unique environment for play, performance, education and research in sport. Located at the Melbourne Campus, the $81 million precinct supports major participation sport events, grassroots sport competitions and recreation opportunities. It’ll also train the next cohort of sport industry professionals through a world-class student placement program.
The Sports Park has been developed with the support of Banyule City Council and is available for use by the community and our partners, including Carlton FC and Melbourne City FC. Our facilities include:
- indoor stadium with six multipurpose highball courts
- state-of-the-art exercise physiology, strength and conditioning, biomechanics and sport analytics teaching and research laboratories
- innovative office space for sport organisations to work within a high-performance sport environment
- the Tony Sheehan Oval, an elite-level Australian rules football ground
- FIFA-1 standard and accredited synthetic football pitch
- natural turf fields for a range of sports
- pavilion with club rooms, change rooms and a multipurpose function room with capacity to seat 132 people.
Learn more via our dedicated La Trobe Sports Park page.
Improve your health and stay active with the range of activities available at our campus fitness centres:
Bundoora Campus (Indoor Sports Centre)
- fully-equipped gym, fitness assessments and personalised training programs
- three specialty group exercise studios catering for reformer Pilates, functional group training, mind and body classes, body pump and more
- 25-metre heated indoor pool and deep-water pit
- multipurpose indoor court including basketball, badminton, volleyball and indoor soccer facilities in addition to netball, tennis and squash courts
- rock climbing wall
- massage therapy
For more information on the facilities and programs offered at the Indoor Sports Centre, visit our dedicated Indoor Sports Centre page.
- fully-equipped gym
- exercise studios for group exercise training
- exercise science facilities
- soccer pitch and pavilion
- basketball court
- athletics track
- soccer pitch