Project-based graduate research scholarships
We offer a range of doctoral scholarships available for specific research projects. Successful scholarship applicants will receive a generous stipend, tuition fee scholarship and allowances. Stipends are valued at $33,500 per annum (2023 full-time rate) for 3.5 years.
The 2023 end-of-year round will open in late August
Applications will close:
|Domestic||31 October 2023|
|International||30 September 2023|
How to apply
If you want to apply for a graduate research scholarship to undertake one of these projects, please make sure to:
- review details on how to apply for PhD candidature
- select a project from the available projects listed below
- check the project requirements for eligibility and any additional special conditions
- contact the nominated contact person for your preferred project via email to express your interest and obtain their in-principle agreement for you to apply
- complete your application for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program
- complete a Research Statement Form for your nominated project (only one project can be nominated) and attach this to your application
- a research proposal is not required unless specifically requested as a special condition
Domestic applicants, submit your application via the Domestic Online Application System
International applicants, submit your application via the International Online Application System
Your application cannot be accepted without in-principle agreement for you to apply from the nominated contact of the research project.
If you have any further questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back in late August for available projects.