Research areas of the Cisco - La Trobe Centre for AI and Internet of Things
We are committed to impactful research that aims to harness the superpowers of innovation brought by combining two powerful technologies —Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things.
AI + IoT = superpowers of innovation!
Technical research areas
- Internet of Things
- Cyber-physical systems
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Artificial intelligent Internet of Things
- Machine/deep learning for computer vision
- ML/DL-based image/video compression and streaming
- Machine learning and deep learning for big IoT data analytics
- Edge/fog computing
- Federated learning for privacy-preserving and parallel training
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- Wearable IoT devices for remote health monitoring
- Digital twins
- Cyber security and privacy for IoT device
- IoT-enabled blockchain for provenance tracing
- Low-power wide-area IoT technology
- 5G IoT communications
- AI-empowered 5G/6G wireless communications.
In addition to our technical topics in AI and IoT, we look to apply state-of-the-art AI and IoT technologies to the following application areas:
- AIoT for smart health and wellbeing
- AIoT for intelligent digital transportation
- AIoT for smart city and smart campus
- AIoT for smart agriculture
- AIoT for mining and resources.