Placements bring new ways of thinking to business, help deliver on key projects and connect industry with La Trobe's talent pipeline of 32,000 students.
Opportunities are now open to secure placements for the summer 2023/2024 period. Closing date is 1 August 2023.
Students come from many different areas with transferable skills to the workplace like, business, accounting, supply chain, engineering, food science, biomedical, public health, media & communications, digital marketing and moreStudents typically complete between 100 to 400 hours of work within a business, either onsite, remotely or hybrid. The program is an industry-led experience, where the students complete activities designed in collaboration between the host workplace and leading La Trobe academics.
Placements create a mutually beneficial partnership between business and student, broadening students’ understanding of job opportunities, and helping to create the work-ready graduates of future workforce
Our industry partners benefit from hosting a student in several ways:
- By connecting with top talent and next-generation future workforce to bring new thinking and perspectives to business
- Building a talent pipeline familiar with your workplace culture through access to La Trobe’s 32,000 student network
- Providing existing staff the opportunity to gain mentoring and management skills
- Developing a partnership with La Trobe provides access to our ecosystem of research, training and education, co-location, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Adding value through participation in projects relevant to your organisation
La Trobe seeks to deliver sustainable, diverse and scalable work-based learning opportunities to embed industry experience within our student’s education. If you’d like to know more on work-based learning, please contact our Business Development Education team on email@example.com
La Trobe Industry contact: Hope Terdich, firstname.lastname@example.org