Melbourne City Campus Expansion
A new two-level expansion of the City Campus at 360 Collins Street, Melbourne.
The new city campus expansion encompass a two-level expansion of the City Campus at 360 Collins Street, Melbourne, providing La Trobe University with an expanded and consolidated presence in the city business district (CBD).
The expansion aligns with La Trobe University's strategic goals including:
- providing an outstanding student experience
- increasing student employability and
- improving external engagement
increasing student employability and
improving external engagement
The fit out works were completed in time for Semester 1, 2017.
The new accommodation on levels 2 and 3 provides:
- a significant expansion of teaching and informal learning spaces for existing and new postgraduate students
- executive education and professional development programs for both Colleges
- some shared accommodation for staff and general areas for CBD-based meetings, industry engagement, consultations, events and other activities
The design will feature street-level access from Little Collins St, with student support available at the main entry foyer. Signage will be installed to provide information on timetabling and University events on all levels. The facility will deliver over 210 new informal learning seats in closed syndicate, semi formal and informal formats on levels 2 & 3.
|La Trobe University
|Currie & Brown
|Billard Leece Partnership
|Wilde and Woollard