Hackathon - Capgemini
Deconstruct real business problems and think creatively with our hackathon program
What is it like to be a consultant? And what is it like to solve real business problems and create solutions used by industry?
Join us for our 1-day hackathon event where you will learn and apply foundational entrepreneurial thinking and skills to a business problem provided by industry.
Delivered in partnership with world-leading consultancy Capgemini, participants will work in teams to develop solutions for case study challenges using real data sets
The program will conclude with a pitching contest with three prizes up for grabs; $2000 for the winning team and two x $1000 prizes for the runners up.
This event is exclusive to La Trobe Students and recent Alumni.
- Date: Friday 19 May
- Time: 9.00 am to 5.30 pm including pitch competition and feedback
- Location: La Trobe University, City Campus, 360 Collins Street. Level 2, Room 2.11
- Catering: Provided by La Trobe University
- PLEASE NOTE PROGRAM NOW FULL
NOW FULL - [Only 30 places available in the hackathon]
What will I learn?
- Develop and prototype solutions to a case study challenge presented by Capgemini
- Learn from and network with experienced industry professionals
- Learn to pitch your idea to a judging panel
- Working in teams
- Entrepreneurial thinking toward your career or apply it for your own startup idea
- Apply an entrepreneurial angle to your CV and job interviews
- Enhance your network, create new concepts & ideas
- Recognition for your Career Ready Award
Who is Capgemini?
Capgemini are a leading international strategic partner and consultant supporting business transformation for more than 50 years to companies around the world. Capgemini address the entire breadth of business needs, from strategy and design to managing operations, drawing on deep industry expertise and a command of the fast-evolving fields of cloud, data artificial intelligence, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms.
Prosple/Grad Australia has identified Capgemini as the leading Graduate Employer for the Management Consulting sector. Capgemini rank:
- Top 10 workplaces for training
- Top 10 for green initiatives
- Overall 2nd in the Top 100 Graduate Employers ranking for 2023
- Top 100 globally for gender equality in 2023
- GradConnection Most Popular Tech Consulting employer 2023
- 4th in Australia for graduate satisfaction (AAGE)
Free, one day in-person event from 9am to 5.30pm at the La Trobe City Campus delivered by Capgemini and La Trobe University
- Must be La Trobe Student from any campus, any discipline, or any level of study or;
- An alumni of La Trobe University (up to 3 years)
- Design thinking
- Business model development
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Supportive community
- Networking opportunities
- Exposure to Industry partners
- A chance to win cash prizes
Need more information?
Connect with us - La Trobe Innovation and Entrepreneurship