Single Session Family Consultation in Practice
This live-stream half-day implementation focused training is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) self-paced online course. It provides you with an opportunity to consolidate your knowledge of SSFC and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
- Wednesday 17 November 2021 09:00 am until Wednesday 17 November 2021 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Hanna Jewell, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $110 (GST Incl)
This live-stream online half-day implementation focused training is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) self-paced online course.
It provides you with an opportunity to consolidate your knowledge of SSFC and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice. You will have the opportunity to put in practice the skills at the convening, conducting and follow up stages of SSFC in a supportive small group context. Particular attention is paid to the feedback process so that your learning is maximised. In addition to providing an opportunity to obtain clarification about any aspect of SSFC, participants will receive advice about how to start using SSFC within their particular work role and setting.
Highly recommended for those who have completed The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation self-paced online course and would like further opportunities for skills practice and the exploration of ideas for embedding SSFC into their work.
Practitioners who want a doable practice model for engaging and including families in their work, particularly those working in individually oriented services for young people and adults (such as mental health and alcohol and drug services) where working with families is not the primary focus.
In the last 12 months, completion of The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation self-paced online course.
- Builds on your existing knowledge of SSFC as a practical, doable model of family engagement and inclusion
- Provides a unique opportunity to practice skills of SSFC in a supportive small group setting where you will receive relevant and helpful feedback
- Makes you ‘practice ready’ in the use of SSFC
- Helps you work through the issues of how to get started in making SSFC part of your current practice in your work role and setting
What You Can Expect
- Small group practice activities
- Discussion of case examples
- Exploration of ideas around applicability to your workplace and role
- A passionate and experienced presenter
Related Training and Support
Other events by type
- Supporting children on the autism spectrum by supporting parents
1st Dec 2021 12:30pm
- Community Paramedics: A known player in a new role
1st Dec 2021 1:00pm
- ePortfolio - Creating a PebblePad assessment
2nd Dec 2021 11:00am
- Book launch: “Remaking HIV prevention in the 21st century: The promise of TasP, U=U and PrEP”
3rd Dec 2021 10:00am
- Grief and Family Work
3rd Dec 2021 9:30am