Single Session Family Consultation in Practice
This half-day in-person implementation focused training is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) self-paced online course. It provides you with an opportunity to consolidate your knowledge of SSFC and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
- Wednesday 27 April 2022 09:00 am until Wednesday 27 April 2022 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Dr. Brendan O'Hanlon and Liz George, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $115 (GST Incl)
This half-day in-person course is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) self-paced online course that aims to bridge the gap between ‘knowing and doing.’ It provides you with an opportunity to consolidate your knowledge of SSFC and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
Put in practice the skills at the convening, conducting and follow up stages of SSFC in a supportive small group context. Particular attention is paid to the feedback process so that your learning is maximised. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about any aspect of SSFC and its applications and receive advice about how to start using SSFC within your work role and setting.
In the last 12 months, completion of The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation self-paced online course.
Highly recommended for those who have completed The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Family Consultation self-paced online course and would like further opportunities for skills practice and the exploration of ideas for embedding SSFC into their work.
Practitioners who want a clear and straightforward practice model for engaging and including families in their work but are not family therapists. It is particularly suitable for those working in individually oriented services for adults and young people (such as mental health and alcohol and drug services) where working with families is not the primary focus.
- Builds on your existing knowledge of SSFC as a practical, doable model of family engagement and inclusion
- Provides a unique opportunity to practice skills of SSFC in a supportive small group setting where you will receive relevant and helpful feedback
- Makes you ‘practice ready’ in the use of SSFC
- Helps you work through the issues of how to get started in making SSFC part of your current practice
27 April 2022
9.00am to 1.00pm (AEST)
What You Can Expect
- Subject experts who are also clinicians
- Small group practice activities
- Case discussions
- Ideas to help make SSFC part of your practice repertoire
Related Training and Support
8 Gardiner Street, Brunswick, VIC 3056
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Geo-Spatial Data for Smart Cities
31st May 2022 1:30pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm
- Alongside the Right to Water
7th Jun 2022 1:00pm