Skip to content
Civil disturbance, siege or attack
On being instructed to implement a lockdown
- If you are in an open space, take shelter within the nearest safe building.
- Close and lock the windows and doors of the room you are in. If necessary barricade the door with furniture.
- Close window blinds and turn off room lights.
- Remain calm and quiet. Turn off or switch to silent mode on all telephones (this may require lifting off the handsets of desk phones).
- Move away from doors and windows and take shelter behind/under desks, tables, etc.
- DO NOT sound any fire alarms or activate break glass alarms, etc.
- Only evacuate under the instructions of either emergency services personnel or campus emergency control personnel.
- If evacuation is ordered, move to the nominated evacuation assembly area, and do not leave the evacuation assembly area until advised to do so.
Download a procedure diagram