Skip to content
- Do not take any action that will threaten your safety or the safety of others.
- Activate the silent alarm if fitted.
- Remain calm and do not do or say anything that will agitate the suspects. Comply with their instructions.
- Without being obvious try to observe the suspects. Take note of the following:
- physical/personal features of the suspects (height, build, hair colour, complexion, scars or other deformities, speech/accent, clothing)
- types of weapons used
- description and licence plate details of any motor vehicles used.
Immediately after the suspects leave
- Contact your campus security/emergency response or your building warden.
- If there is no answer call emergency services on 000. Try to call campus security/emergency response or your building warden again to inform them of the emergency.
- Secure the area to prevent the suspects from gaining entrance should they return.
- Ask any witness to remain at the scene until the police arrive.
- Protect any evidence that may have been left behind.
- Provide assistance to campus security/emergency response or your building warden as requested.
- Complete an incident report as soon as possible.
Download a procedure diagram