Skip to content
Threat, harassment or stalking
- Threats may be received by phone, email, in writing or in person
- The person receiving the threat should determine if there is a fear of immediate harm. If so, your campus security/emergency response should be contacted.
- If this call is not answered contact the police on 000.
- If there is unlikely to be immediate harm you should notify your supervisor who will notify the Head of School or Head of Division.
- The threat should be assessed. If it is of a trivial nature it should be dealt with under local departmental procedures.
- If the matter is of a non-trivial nature, or if in doubt, the Director Risk Management should be contacted as soon as possible.
- The situation will be reviewed by the Director Risk Management who will determine the need to activate the University Threat Assessment Team.
- The Director Risk Management and/or the Threat Assessment Team will determine the required response and advise local management accordingly.
Download a procedure diagram