Skip to content
On becoming aware of a fire
- Activate the nearest break glass alarm (if installed) and contact your campus emergency number.
- If a break glass alarm is not installed, telephone your campus emergency number or emergency services on 000.
- Assist any person in immediate danger, but only if safe to do so.
- Where appropriate and safe to do so, close any doors and windows to minimise spread of the fire.
- Act in accordance with directions given by emergency control personnel, or emergency services.
- Evacuate the building immediately, and assist with the evacuation of disabled occupants.
- Be aware of, and avoid moving into smoke-filled areas.
Download a procedure diagram