News and events
CRLD Seminar Series 2020
All seminars take place 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and will be run on Zoom for the duration of the Covid-19 lockdown. Recorded seminars are available on the Centre's YouTube channel.
- April 9: Professor James Walker (La Trobe University), "Complementisers in eastern Caribbean English"
- April 23: Associate Professor Stephen Morey (La Trobe University), "Creating a new script: Bringing Tangsa language into the Facebook era"
- April 30: Dr Lauren Gawne (La Trobe University), "Emoji as digital gesture"
- May 21: Dr Adele Gregory (La Trobe University), "Regional vowel characteristics of northern Queensland speakers"
- May 28: Professor David Deterding (Universiti Brunei Darussalam), "Indigenous Languages and English in Brunei Darussalam in the globalized modern era"
- June 18: Carolin Krafzik (La Trobe University), "Fan-f*ckin-tastic: Student swearing in Sydney"
- July 9: Dr Jessica Birnie-Smith (La Trobe University): "Undoing Chineseness: The cultural politics of language and identity in globalizing China."
- July 30: Associate Professor Marc Brunelle (University of Ottawa): "The acoustics of onset voicing in Chrau, Chru and Jarai"