With a critical national teacher shortage, now's the time to become the teacher your community needs
Just a moment
Thank you for your interest in La Trobe University.
You have now been included in our mailing list and will receive regular updates about courses and events throughout the year. If you don't want to receive these emails anymore you can unsubscribe by following the link in future emails.
In the mean time you can view our courses online.
If you would like to speak to us directly, please feel free to call us on 1300 135 045.
La Trobe University.
Why study teaching at La Trobe?
From teaching diverse students to building and delivering adaptive learning plans, at La Trobe you'll build the skills and knowledge you need to become a memorable teacher.
You'll be able to:
- Study teaching subjects ranked in the top 250 worldwide*
- Get study that fits around you with fully online, on-campus or blended study options
- Build strong knowledge in digital learning, literacy and numeracy and learning contexts so you can confidently teach with the latest skills
- Develop discipline-specific knowledge through a choice of specialist interest areas
- Gain valuable skills through real-world experience in schools and educational environments.
* Times Higher Education (THE), 2022 World University Rankings 2023 by subject: education
Start with our most popular teaching courses
Get paid to teach while you study
Nexus is a first-of-its-kind employment-based pathway into secondary teaching. That means you’ll get the knowledge, support and experience you need to jump straight into your career as a secondary teacher.
I have lived in eight cities in four countries, studying and working for international aid organisations and as a crisis response consultant for a large private medical and security provider.
I joined the Nexus program because I wanted to make a difference by helping individuals set and achieve their own goals. Nexus provides an opportunity to change career without having to take too many steps backwards in that transitional process.
Every day in the classroom I fall more and more in love with teaching. I would strongly encourage mid-career professionals who are looking for a more meaningful career to consider using their experience to build a better future for young Australians.
I chose education at La Trobe because of my passion for being around young, bright individuals, and for teaching them to become the best version of themselves.
With the level of support we receive from our teaching staff and the networking opportunities available, I truly believe we’ll all have great teaching careers.