Why study at ARCSHS?
ARCSHS is a leader in training the next generation of highly qualified, passionate, interdisciplinary researchers and research advocates in the field of sex, health and society. We aim to educate and inspire lifelong learners to be exceptional researchers and research advocates. We help students to achieve excellence by:
- Promoting innovation, intellectual rigor, and lifelong learning
- Acting ambitiously with integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrating leadership, teamwork and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Valuing inclusiveness and diversity
Study for a PhD at ARCSHS and you could work with national and international data to make a difference. Data sets include:
- HIV Futures 9 (Australia)
- Writing Themselves In 3 (Australia)
- RISE Study of HIV Seroconversion (Australia)
- TRANSFORM Study of Gay and Bisexual Men (Kenya & South Africa)
- 6th National Survey of Secondary Students and Adolescent Sexual Health (Australia)
- Private Lives 2 (Australia
Or pitch us your own research ideas.
Our areas of interest include:
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex health and wellbeing
- Blood borne viruses and sexually transmitted infections
- Gender, sexuality and social theory
- School-based sexuality education
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Policy, community and health services
Academic staff supervise students enrolled in research degrees at PhD and Masters level, and in coursework Masters programs. We also provide some undergraduate teaching offerings. Staff have backgrounds in various disciplines, including:
- Health, public health and health behaviour
- Gender and Cultural Studies
ARCSHS offers supervision across a range of theoretical and methodological perspectives. Students are encouraged to look outside their discipline and be informed by many approaches. Most students combine a number of research methods within their research designs.
E-mail us on ARCSHSPostgrad@latrobe.edu.au with questions.