Notice of Election - Student Nominations for 2021 Academic Board Membership
Academic Board is the primary body for academic governance and decision-making at the University. The Board is established under legislation and provides advice to the Vice-Chancellor and University Council on issues that affect academic excellence. It provides a forum for information and debate within the University and is responsible for policy on matters such as admissions, assessment, teaching, student conduct, research and academic appointments and promotion. Membership of the Board includes elected undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The elected student positions, for 1 year commencing 1/1/2021 are:
- 2 x postgraduate students elected from postgraduate students of the University – 1 x regional campus, 1 x metropolitan campus.
- 3 x undergraduate students elected from undergraduate students of the University – at least one from a regional campus, and at least one from a metropolitan campus.
At the close of the nomination period on Tuesday 15 September 2020, the following nominations were received:
- Brittany Attard
- Joel Blanch
- Jesse Felsinger
- Trisha Gupta
- Jasmine Joyce
- Raha Khosrowshahi
- Reuben Humphries
- Ruby Tims
- Madeline Tomkins
- Wafa Reda Alnuzha Alzighaibi
- Arafat Hasan
- Satya Guha Nukala
- Vignesh Radhakrishnan
- Mayankraj Saxena
Satya Guha Nukala has been elected unopposed as the postgraduate student from a regional campus.
Elections are underway to fill the vacancies for:
- 1 x postgraduate student from the metropolitan campus
- 3 x undergraduate students – at least one from a regional campus and at least one from a metropolitan campus.
All students eligible to vote in the elections were sent an email on Thursday 24 September 2020 with a link to the voting site.
The election will be held from 9am Thursday 24 September 2020 until 5pm on Thursday 1 October 2020.
Election results will be published as soon as reasonably practicable after the close of the election.
Academic Board reports directly to Council, which has the power to veto any proposed academic policies. Further details about the role, membership and conduct of Academic Board can be found in the Academic Board Regulations 2019.
Students considering nominating for these positions are requested to read the following information::