Our sustainability performance data is provided in separate webpages and updated quarterly:
We track our environmental sustainability performance against the following targets:
- Reduce absolute scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 25%
- Reduce scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions intensity (per m2 of GFA) by 25%
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity (per person) from staff business travel by 30%
- Reduce stationary energy use intensity (per m2 of GFA) by 25%
- Reduce single occupant vehicle commutes to campus by 20%
- Reduce potable water use intensity (per person) by 10%
- Reduce waste to landfill intensity (per person) by 40%
- Increase recycling rate by 40%
- Reduce paper use intensity (per person) by 60%
*Our base year is 2010 and our target year is 2022.
Our contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals are a global initiative created by the United Nations (UN).
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The 17 Goals are all interconnected.
For La Trobe, the goals are a way of tracking our effectiveness towards a holistic sustainable approach. It gives us a framework to set our own goals against, ensuring we’re taking an all-inclusive approach to tackling the sustainability issues of our time.
Our most recent annual performance results
Our most recently collated annual performance results shown against our previous results and targets are detailed below. La Trobe's annual performance reporting aligns with the calendar year and is generally updated in the second quarter of each year.