Our research and projects
Our work traverses a range of themes relating to dealing with challenges of living in a changing environment and has significantly contributed to La Trobe’s overall ranking of fourth in the world for Impact in the 2020 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2020.
Specially, in the area of climate change and adaptation, La Trobe ranked:
- 17th for Life on Land, which assessed the University’s research, education and actions to support land ecosystems
- 25th for Life below Water
- 56th for Affordable and Clean Energy
- 72nd for Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 98th for Quality Education; and
- Placed in the 101-200 range for Climate Action.
The Clever Weather Project
The Clever Weather Project from La Trobe’s Technology Innovation Lab in Bendigo is utilising the city’s new Internet of Things network, whereby weather sensors are being installed throughout the CBD, at local landmarks, as well as in the yards of interested residents and business-owners. Up to 100 individual sensors will be installed throughout Bendigo as part of this project.