Training in Community
Our professional development offerings can be delivered in Community and includes our iconic courses for workers supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities.*
Examples of training
- First Steps in Family Work: Building confidence to work with families and significant others (5 days)
- Getting to the Heart of It: Healing Aboriginal Families 1 - Exploring trauma from a historical lens (2 days)
- Getting to the Heart of It: Healing Aboriginal Families 2 - Exploring loss and grief (2 days)
- Worker Wellbeing (1 day)
- Using Narrative Therapy with Families (1 day)
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and Family Sensitive Practice (1 day)
Together we can explore the possibility of delivering one of these workshops (or similar), or developing something tailored for your staff.
Email Alison Elliott or call (03) 8481 4800 and ask to speak to a member of our Indigenous Program.
*If you are interested in cultural awareness training, we recommend you contact your local Aboriginal RTO.