Resources about Autism
OTARC strives to develop and evaluate innovative approaches that enrich the lives of autistic people.
We achieve this through engaging with stakeholders in:
- research development
- knowledge transfer
- implementation of research findings.
These resources covers autism across the lifespan. We have those created by OTARC researchers and those created by researchers at other organisations.
Autism Connect is a free, national autism helpline, providing independent and expert information over phone, email and webchat.
It supports autistic people, their families and carers, health professionals, researchers, teachers, employers and the broader community.
Autism Connect advisors offer expert advice in many areas, including:
- exploring autism and autistic identity
- assessment and diagnosis support
- school and education
- the NDIS
- transition to employment
- behaviour and communication strategies
- referrals to services peer support connections
- finding autism-friendly places and events
- making environments accessible