Union Hall upgrade
Infrastructure and Operations has undertaken an upgrade of the Union Hall building, the University’s principal on-campus venue for activities such as graduation ceremonies, exams, trade shows and functions. The project has refurbished the hall, providing it with a modern facelift and establishing it as a highly functional and flexible space for both University and external users.
- Construction commencement date: 4 January 2016.
- Project practical completion: 20 April 2016. The project was completed on time and on budget.
- Union Hall Launch event: Official opening by Professor John Dewar, Vice Chancellor La Trobe University - 19 May 2016
Best practice design principles with respect to:
- thermal comfort
- improved ICT and AV technologies to align with the rest of the University’s systems.
Highly functional and flexible space for both University and external users.
Improved connection to external landscaped spill out area and improved access to Moat Theatre
- a new acoustically-designed ceiling
- improved general and specialist stage lighting and audio visual equipment
- improved internal finishes
- upgrade to the main ramped entry which includes new signage, lighting and weather protection.
|Client:||La Trobe University|
|Building services:||Lucid Consulting|
|Quantity surveyor:||Wilde & Woollard|
|Building surveyor:||Hendry Group|
|Theatrical lighting consultant:||Relume Consulting|
|Landscape consultant:||Green & Dale Associates|
|Audio visual consultant:||Parity Technology Consulting|
Contact the project director:
Latrobe University Infrastructure and Operations.
0432 081 620