Start preparing now for the things you’ll need to do once you arrive in Australia, including check-in, enrolment and Orientation.
La Trobe is ready to welcome back all international students
La Trobe is dedicated to supporting our international student community to transition to on-campus study.
Before you travel to Australia, it’s important to be prepared for the range of tasks you’ll be required to undertake when you arrive. Keeping track of these tasks can be overwhelming, which is why we’ve prepared an arrival checklist to help you get settled.
- Visit the Welcome website for information to support you in your transition to on-campus study.
- Ensure you have completed your pre-arrival online enrolment via Orientation
- Find out about our Pre-Departure Webinars and eFriends program.
- Arrange your free airport pick-up.
- Finalise your accommodation.
- Open a bank account.
- Order your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) card.
- Apply for Tax File Number (TFN) online at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) website (if you’re planning on working in Australia).
- Download a map of your campus to help you find where you need to go.
- Check-in with La Trobe International (see Check-in section below).
- Update your residential address at La Trobe International within seven days of your arrival.
- Attend Orientation (see the Orientation section below).
Orientation is compulsory – it’s also lots of fun. It's full of information sessions, which will provide you with important information about your campus, student visa, starting your course, understanding Australian culture, keeping yourself safe and arranging your health insurance. You’ll also be able to take part in a range of social activities, events and tours.
Visit our Orientation page for more information about our Orientation schedule.