US Financial Aid loans

Students from the United States studying at La Trobe may be eligible for financial assistance.

If you’re from the US, you may be eligible to receive financial support through a private student loan such as Sallie Mae Student Loans.

What is a private student loan?

Private student loans are typically issued by a bank or financial institution, (as opposed to federal student loans, which are offered by the government).

Types of private student loans

There are private student loans for students in undergraduate, graduate, certificate, dental, medical, and health profession programs. Sallie Mae also offers private student loans for graduates studying for the bar exam or relocating for medical and dental residencies.

What can private college loans be used for?

Whether you're studying online or on campus, private school loans—as well as federal student loans—for college and grad school can be used to pay for your education expenses, which for full-time and half-time students may include:

  • Tuition
  • Room and board
  • Fees
  • Books
  • Supplies
  • Transportation
  • Computer for school

Borrow what you need for the entire school year. Apply only once with a single credit check and funds will be sent directly to your college or university to cover each term as requested. You can cancel future disbursements as needed with no penalty. No additional interest is charged until money is sent to your school.

Need more information?

Please visit Sallie Mae | Education Loans, College Planning & Online Banking webpage.

You can always contact our helpful Financial Aid Administrator.