Turn your environmental passion into a career
Study climate change as your major. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge to respond to the climate crisis and drive positive change.
Our new climate change major is the first of its kind in Australia. *
By choosing this as your major, you will:
- explore the interaction between nature and humans, the causes propelling anthropogenic climate change, and what’s required to slow global warming
- understand the sociological roots of rapid environmental change
- unpack the scientific, economic, social and cultural principles underpinning the climate change debate
- investigate governmental law, policy and political responses
- examine the public health implications of a changing climate
- understand the importance of water management.
* The climate change major at La Trobe University is the first of its kind in Australia as it is non-cognate and inter-disciplinary, and it provides the unique opportunity for students to study the global challenge of anthropogenic climate change from a wide range of disciplines including law, economics, public health and archaeology.
Some career outcomes include:
- policy adviser
- business sustainability adviser
- climate change consultant
- environmental educator
- governance officer.
Why study climate change at La Trobe?
We’re the first university in Victoria to create an environmental humanities major.
We’re a leader in climate change resilience in higher education, and we’re deeply committed to action on climate change.
We rank in the top 4 universities worldwide for our work to advance the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. You’ll also see this first-hand when you learn in the first lab in Australia to be certified by My Green Lab, and when you experience the only university in Australia with a wildlife sanctuary.