City Campus services and student support
We want you to reach your full potential. So you’ll get support and assistance from the moment you start planning your life at La Trobe – and we’ll keep helping you be your best at uni, all the way to graduation and beyond.
We're the only postgraduate campus in Melbourne to offer a dedicated Concierge team. Our Concierge at City team is the first touchpoint for all postgraduate student enquiries.
ASK La Trobe is the service for all your student needs.
On-campus support is available on Level 2, 360 Collins Street.
Support is also available via:
- Virtual Fridays (Virtual Drop-In)
- Ask a Question Online
- Phone: 1300 LA TROBE (1300 528 762)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Visit ASK La Trobe for more information, including operating hours.
La Trobe International Student Support is generally your first point of contact at La Trobe University, and you are always welcome to contact us for advice, information and support.
You can call us on (+61 3) 9479 1199, Monday - Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm. Or Ask a Question online, and we will respond to your online enquiry.
24-hour student assistance hotline
This is a special after-hours telephone hotline for international students at La Trobe University. We care and want to help you with anything you might be worried about.
If you need help at night or on the weekends call 1800 758 360. This is a free call from landlines anywhere in Australia. Standard call rates apply from mobile phones.
You can contact the after-hours hotline from outside Australia by calling +61 2 8905 0973.
Visit our International students website.
The Library provides a range of study support, resources and services to help you improve your study skills and succeed at university:
- Find high quality academic resources with Library Search.
- Get one-to-one support with your assessments by booking an appointment with one of our advisors. Alternatively, drop in support is available on campus. Find us on Level 2, near the reception desk and ASK La Trobe.
- Find specialised information by using one of our databases. They’re listed by title and subject area.
- Borrow from your campus or borrow from other La Trobe libraries. Some high demand items are not available electronically – these can be found at our Level 2 reception desk during opening hours.
If you’re facing personal challenges, our professionally trained counsellors are here to support you. Taking care of your mental health is an important part of studying – by looking after yourself, you give yourself the best shot at success.
We offer a range of services for members of specific communities, including:
- support for studying with a disability
- LGBTIQA+ support
- Indigenous Student Services
- support for students from a refugee background.