The Smart Power project involves research and enhanced development of Smart Energy Management technology. It is based on broadband over power line (BPL) communication technology and provides a more comprehensive solution for premises networking, device automation, energy monitoring, energy management and a roadmap for utility demand response and load control.
The new commercial ready solution comprises a comprehensive user friendly interface based on Smart Power and combines various components into a single tightly integrated system that facilitates movement to an effective Smart Grid solution.
The project deliverables include:
- Smart Plug Unit (SPU) – Qualcomm Atheros RD6400/PL10 based BPL Design of Smart Plug Units
- Head Central Controller (HCCO) Software, which contains BPL Network Management Software
- HCCO service software (error resilient monitoring, management and scheduling)
- HCCO Web-service Implementation (secure local & remote control/management interfaces)
- Cloud Synchronisation Interface.