Graduate Research Project Scholarships
Applications for this scholarship are now open and close on 30 September for international applicants and 31 October for domestic applicants.
Successful applicants can commence at any time between 1 February and 1 July 2024, at a La Trobe University campus.
These scholarships are competitively awarded and selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the selected project. Eligibility requirements and special conditions. where applicable, are noted under each project.
We encourage Ukrainian citizens who have been displaced by the conflict and who hold an Australian visa to apply for a project scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years for doctoral candidature, with a value of $33,500 per annum (2023 rate)
- a tuition fee scholarship for up to four (4) years for doctoral candidature. Successful domestic applicants will be awarded an RTP Fees Offset scholarship and successful international applicants will be awarded a La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS) unless another tuition support scholarship exists
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents for Research Training Program Scholarships.
How to apply
For details of the available projects and how to apply, visit our project-based scholarships page. You will need to submit a full candidature and scholarship application for this scholarship.
All applicants will need to provide the specific project scholarship code in your application - the code will be listed against the project title.
Domestic applicants, please indicate the 'Graduate Research - End-of-year Scholarship Round' scholarship in your application to ensure you are considered for this scholarship. International applicants, please select 'Other' in your application and add the project name.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, Admissions.GRS@latrobe.edu.au