Postgraduate coursework - Melbourne and Victorian regional campuses

Find your perfect postgraduate course. Gain a global perspective, learn new skills and advance your career.

Your first step is to find a course and check the academic and English language requirements.

If you don't meet the requirements, we may make you a conditional offer. This means you may be offered a place, which will be reserved for up to one year while you improve your English or academic performance.

Need help to meet the requirements?

La Trobe University's Postgraduate Enabling Program (PEP) provides a pathway into a range of La Trobe Master's degrees if you don’t have the academic and/or English requirements to gain direct entry.

Ensure your application is submitted in time

Some courses start earlier than the standard semester, term or study period date. Applications for these courses close one week before the course commences.

Check application closing dates

Applying for your postgraduate course

  • Access the International Online Application System and register as a new user

    International students will need to access the International Online Application System.

    After you enter and submit your details, you’ll receive an email with your username and password to log in to the application system and start your online application.

    * If you are a domestic student, you will need to make a direct application. Find out more about how to apply as a domestic student.

  • Scan and upload these documents into the International Student Portal

    The documents required include:

    • copies of your academic qualifications in your language and in a certified English translation. You’ll need to submit your originals or certified copies of academic qualifications when you accept your offer.
    • evidence of your English language proficiency
    • any other information specified in the entry requirements for your course
    • your course syllabus, if you're applying for Advanced Standing (credit)
    • any additional forms required.

    If you need help completing your application and would like to be in touch with one of our team members, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at

Find a La Trobe representative in your country from our overseas representative database.

Visa information

Allow at least four to six weeks to obtain your student visa and make your travel arrangements. In some countries, student visas can take up to three months to process.

If you already have a student visa, you can apply for entry to Semester 1 courses until mid-January.

If you don’t have a student visa, you should apply by December at the latest. For mid-year entry in July, you should submit your application by the end of May at the latest.

Any questions? We'd love to help.